Outside Sales/Solutions Advisor
Necessary Skills and Attributes
If you’re an outgoing, self-motivated person driven to succeed, then this may be the opportunity for you. We are looking for an individual to help us continue to meet with new prospects and close new business.
This position requires someone who isn’t afraid to get out there and pound the pavement, pick up the phone, and really work to introduce us to prospects. Once a prospect is identified, you will work through our documented process to further analyze their IT and business needs and then present our recommended solutions.
While you don’t have to be an IT guru, you will need to quickly learn about our products and services and be able to translate those into business values as you will be dealing predominately with small business owners.
Here’s what you can expect to accomplish in your first year as you become a part of our sales team:
- You will start with a base pay and will spend the first 30 days learning our processes, procedure and culture. This will include shadowing our team, learning our software via online training, and going out on calls with current staff.
- You will be required to learn, and follow, our documented and proven sales process from start to finish. Our sales playbook includes tools such as scripts, assessment questions, procedures, and our presentation format.
- You will practice our discovery/assessment process and prepare a sample presentation for our staff to evaluate.
- Once you have mastered our process, expected within 90 days, you will begin prospecting to clients with our existing lists and leads.
- Pay will be reduced after 90 days, with the expectation that you to make up the difference with commissions.
- You will be required to hit, and maintain, certain activity levels each week. These include calls to prospects, presentations, first appointments, and canvassing stops.
- Within 6 months you should be able to work independently to grow your book of business.
Desired Skills & Experience
If you can accomplish everything above, provide proof of previous success in a sales or related field, and feel that you have what it takes to move us forward then we should definitely talk!
In addition to all the great stuff above, we have a competitive compensation and benefits package as well. However, none of that will matter unless the above makes good career sense for you.
The position starts off with you learning the ropes and getting your feet wet. What happens after that depends on your ability to work with our team and your personal motivation.
Lastly, our ideal candidates live within 30 miles of Janesville. We’ve found that anything further usually doesn’t make sense.