Senior Engineer/Solutions Engineer
Necessary Skills and Attributes
If you’re an IT guru that loves to design solutions, understands mail flow, and can build a Windows server in nothing flat, then this may be the career for you.
The position we are looking to fill plays a key role in designing solutions and resolving tough problems that our clients may encounter. The ideal candidate for this position has had experience with Windows Servers in a variety of roles including; Domain Controllers, Application and File servers, Remote Desktop Servers, and Exchange servers. You would also be familiar with Microsoft Hyper-V, had experience with routers, and configuring wireless networks.
You’re probably also already using, and familiar with Exchange Online, Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365), and SharePoint. You probably also know quite a bit about DNS, and a touch about website design.
Commonly Expected Tasks
- Assist with Help Desk calls and handle tickets escalated to you
- Design solutions based on a customer’s needs
- Perform an on-site technical analysis of a prospect’s network and recommend solutions based on security, functions and stability
- Thoroughly document clients’ existing networks, and changes made
- Work closely with the sales team to perform network audits and design solutions
- Troubleshoot technical issues for clients
- Assist other staff members to resolve issues as needed
- Work remotely and on-site
Here’s what you can expect to accomplish in your first year as you become a part of our customer-service oriented team:
- Within 2 weeks understand our documentation procedures, ticketing system, and general product and service line. Attend several online training courses and successfully pass the tests with an 80% or better score.
- Within 30 days have a full understanding of our Network Monitoring and reporting tasks and how those are to be performed on a daily basis. You will also have a solid understanding of all our processes and procedures and our customer support beliefs and values.
- On a daily basis field incoming support calls, design solutions, and perform network administrative functions as necessary.
- Within 2 months you will begin to take on more responsibility and liaise more with clients and design solutions more independently.
Desired Skills & Experience
If you can accomplish everything above and are looking for a career with plenty of room to grow, then you have what it takes to be successful with us. A customer service background and strong writing and speaking skills are also important. Of course, you’ll need some sort of degree or equivalent work experience in the IT field.
If you have experience with any of the following, extra kudos to you!
- Working with a Managed Services Provider
- Used a ticketing solution like ConnectWise
- Used an RMM tool like SolarWinds n-able
- Know-how patch management works
- Worked with Datto Business continuity solutions or similar products
- Know your way around VoIP solutions
- Can troubleshoot basic printing and MFP issues
Sound interesting? Looking for a real challenge and a career change? Then we should definitely talk!
In addition to all the great stuff above, we have a competitive compensation and benefits package as well. However, none of that will matter unless the above makes good career sense for you.
We are looking for motivated, resourceful, team members that are looking to be part of something unique. If you’re interested in a long-term career, not just a job, then this may be the position for you. As a small business, we are a tight-knit group where we all wear a variety of hats. Existing (and former) employees have told us that the fast-paced diversity of working with us is part of what makes this a rewarding place to work. We’ll do everything possible to help you get acclimated and up to speed quickly. What happens after that depends on your ability to work with our team and your personal motivation.
We also recommend that you review our Vivid Vision before applying and see if it aligns with your life goals!
Lastly, our ideal candidates live within about 30 miles of Janesville. We’ve found that anything further usually doesn’t make sense. While we are currently flexible with remote working, our home base is here in our Janesville offices and we still do a lot of work here and at our clients’ sites.
SOUND INTERESTING? THEN ….