An entrepreneur is someone who has a vision for something and a want to createDavid Karp
IT Security Tip #14: Work computers and devices are only for ONE thing…
That is, WORK! Never mix personal web surfing and social media with company devices. If you want to check your Hotmail account or Facebook page, do it during your lunch break and on YOUR personal device. Over 600,000 Facebook accounts are hacked every day. If you’re using a company device to access a compromised account, you’re opening up a door to a hacker who can then get into your company’s network via your e-mail or PC. Bottom line, don’t use company PCs, devices, phones or Internet for PERSONAL use.
Word: Translate Text Instantly
It’s easy to translate text or phrases in over 60 languages right within Word. Just select the text, right-click, and choose Translate.
Want to translate your entire document?
- Click Review > Translate > Translate Document.
- Select the From and To languages.
- Click Translate.
Shortcut of the Week
This week’s Shortcut is an update brought to you by Ron Oetzel (thank you)!
For improving system performance and boot time in Windows 10
- Launch the Task Manager
- Click More Details
- Click the Startup Tab
- To stop a program or service from launching at startup, right-click it and select Disable, this prevents it from launching at startup
(previously ran in Tidbits 355)
Improve system performance and boot time by choosing to do a Selective Startup in msconfig.
- Click Start, Run and type: msconfig and press enter.
- In the System Configuration Utility click the Startup tab.
- Uncheck programs you do not want to load each time your computer starts. Once done, click ok and restart the computer.
- After the computer boots back up, you will receive a window prompt, click ok to the update and you will see a difference the next time your computer loads up.
Have an unfortunate co-worker that’s not getting a copy of the TCC Tuesday Tidbits? Forward them your copy. Or, better yet, have them sign up at https://computer-center.com/tidbits/
Submit your TCC Tuesday Tidbit requests and ideas to me by calling (608) 755-1524.
James Pearson, President
The Computer Center
One Parker Pl, Ste. #655
Janesville, WI 53545