What do you need to start a business? Three simple things: know your product better than anyone, know your customer, and have a burning desire to succeed.
IT Security Tip #17: Don’t Just Close Your Browser!
When online accessing a banking site or any other application containing sensitive data, make sure you log out of the site and THEN close your browser. If you simply close your browser, some of the session information that a hacker can use to gain entry is still running in the background.
Get the Picture
No need to open your browser to search for clip art or pictures for your document.
- With your cursor where you want the picture in your document, go to the Insert tab and select Online pictures.
- Search for a picture. To find clip art, include the phrase “clip art” in your search.
- When you find a picture you like, select it and click Insert.
Shortcut of the Week
If you want to follow a link on a webpage without closing the current page, try using Shift and clicking on the link or right click the link and select Open link in New Window. If you prefer to view the link in a new tab instead of a whole new window, you can try opening the link by pressing down your middle mouse button, or again, right click the link and select Open link in New Tab.
The Computer Center’s Weekly Webinar Series
Take advantage of The Computer Center’s webinar series that helps you learn how to protect your small business and your employees without leaving your office!
- April 25 – The 7 Layers of Security Every Small Business Must Have!
- May 2 – Understanding One Drive for Business: How to Unlock the Power, Savings and Potential of Office 365
- May 9 – Layers of Security: Protecting Your Small Business from Hackers and Identity Thieves Without Breaking the Bank
- May 16 – What You Need to Know About Microsoft Office 365 Security
- May 23 – The End of Windows 7: Is it Really an Issue for Your Business?
- May 30 Practical Cyber Security for Your Small Business or How to Keep the Bad Guys Out Without Breaking the Bank
- June 6 – Free Productivity Enhancing Tools Included with Office 365 That You Probably Aren’t Using in Your Business
- June 13 – Protecting Your Business and Employees from ID Theft and Phishing Scams
- June 20 – The End of Windows 7: Is it Really an Issue for Your Business?
And then at the end of June, please join us for an in-person Seminar
- June 27 – Cyber Security Seminar
Follow the link to register for more information.
Have an unfortunate co-worker that’s not getting a copy of the TCC Tuesday Tidbits? Forward them your copy. Or, better yet, have them sign up at http://computer-center.com/tidbits/
Submit your TCC Tuesday Tidbit requests and ideas to me by calling (608) 755-1524.
James Pearson, President
The Computer Center
One Parker Pl, Ste. #655
Janesville, WI 53545