If people like you, they’ll listen to you, but if they trust you, they’ll do business with you.
IT Security Tip #18: Your Firewall is USELESS Unless…
A firewall is a device that acts like a security cop watching over your computer network to detect unauthorized access and activity – and EVERY business and individual needs one.
However, your firewall is completely useless if it’s not set up or maintained properly. Your firewall needs to be upgraded and patched on a continual and consistent basis, and security policies and configurations set. This is not something you want to try and handle on your own – you are best served by letting the pros (us!) handle that for you.
If you’re our client, we’ve got you covered. If not, call us at (608) 755-1524 for your FREE Business and Technology Assessment or visit computer-center.com/bta.
Word: Accept a Suggestion, Keep the Change
Letting everyone work with you on your document doesn’t mean you have to give up editorial control. When Track Changes is turned on, Word keeps track of what was changed, by whom, and when.
The changes are more like suggestions. Accept the changes you want to keep, reject the ones you don’t.
To turn on Track Changes, go to the Review tab and select Track Changes. Use the Accept or Reject commands on the Review tab to keep or get rid of changes.
Shortcut of the Week
You can selectively print in Windows programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, web browsers, Outlook, etc. To do this, highlight portions of text you want to print, and click the Print icon. In the printer dialog window, under Page Range, choose the Selection option.
The Computer Center’s Weekly Webinar Series
Take advantage of The Computer Center’s webinar series that helps you learn how to protect your small business and your employees without leaving your office!
- May 2 – Understanding One Drive for Business: How to Unlock the Power, Savings and Potential of Office 365
- May 9 – Layers of Security: Protecting Your Small Business from Hackers and Identity Thieves Without Breaking the Bank
- May 16 – What You Need to Know About Microsoft Office 365 Security
- May 23 – The End of Windows 7: Is it Really an Issue for Your Business?
- May 30 Practical Cyber Security for Your Small Business or How to Keep the Bad Guys Out Without Breaking the Bank
- June 6 – Free Productivity Enhancing Tools Included with Office 365 That You Probably Aren’t Using in Your Business
- June 13 – Protecting Your Business and Employees from ID Theft and Phishing Scams
- June 20 – The End of Windows 7: Is it Really an Issue for Your Business?
And then at the end of June, please join us for an in-person Seminar
- June 27 – Cyber Security Seminar
Follow the link to register for more information.
Have an unfortunate co-worker that’s not getting a copy of the TCC Tuesday Tidbits? Forward them your copy. Or, better yet, have them sign up at https://computer-center.com/tidbits/
Submit your TCC Tuesday Tidbit requests and ideas to me by calling (608) 755-1524.
James Pearson, President
The Computer Center
One Parker Pl, Ste. #655
Janesville, WI 53545